Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!

Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!
Last wave goodbye!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Brazilian FOOD!!!

March 27, 2012 - Week 4

This week has been awesome! On sunday we had the first black missionary of the Church after the revealation about the priesthood speak with us. His wife spoke, and they were using missionary translaters, and the translaters were having a hard time. Then He got up and said, take a nap, haha, ill speak in English and Portuguese. His name is President Martin. He gave an amazing talk. He is the president of Sao Paulo Norte i think?
The language is difficult, and just when i think i'm making big improvements I realize how little in know. Haha, I can communicate really well in lessons, but sometimes i wont be able to think of a word and ill just get stuck... haha.
Dad told me that i should tell you all about the food here! So we have a really awesome meal plan, except some people in my district dont like it. We eat pannini style bread? i think thats what it is, with cheese and meat, and all different types of jucies, like strawberry, passionfriut, orange juice. lunch is the biggest meal of the day, and it consists of some sort of meat, then all you can eat beans and rice, and small salad and fruit bar with no ranch.. haha, but it is amazing. you can put this sand stuff on your beans and rice, and then there are more juices or guarana, which i cant handle, it is wayy to sugary and has far to much caffiene. haha, for dinner we just have a smaller version of lunch. I am always in heaven, because i can eat as much as i want!
Yesterday I had a very good experience teaching a mock lesson with a new teacher. We were teaching on the plan of salvation, and he had a question about what will happen to his wife since she has died. I found a scripture in alma chapter 40 that i had previously read. he read that, and i was able to explain the entire though that i was trying to convey in portuguese. It was such a boost for me because i was having a really hard time with the language, and i was getting really discouraged.
I love you all. I still feel like i have barely left.
I will miss watching conference with our family! especially priesthood session with dad and ammon!!!
-Elder Halls
ps// I got the resses!!!! thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!! and I am going to have a pizza party next week!!!
  and next week i am getting my peanut m and ms!!!! so im going to a restraunt that is all you can eat meat, just like tuscanos for only 20 reais!!! love you