April 30, 2012
Note from Elder Halls Mom: In the last letter, I shared my thoughts on how the ability to learn another language "beautifully" is in our blood, and I reminded him that his Papa Roberts went to Argentina on his mission and learned the language "beautifully", and even helped other missionaries learn the accent/dialect of the language. I also reminded him of all the Cox relatives who have served in Brazil and South America and have been able to learn the language. I said one day it would just "click!" I also reminded him of the blessing he received from our Stake President, Matthew Riggs, that said he would be able to learn and speak the language. Our Stake Presidency in Elder Halls home ward was changed, and they put our Bishop, Matthew Wright in as the 1st Counselor. Also, about the Prom dress reference. I spent the past weekend sewing sleeves on a gorgeous dress for his sister after the one we custom ordered was stuck in New Jersey the day of Prom. I sent him a picture of his sister and her date.
Haha mom! I love your letter, the language is coming.. haha, having only americans in my apartment isnt helping, but i am learning alot. I pray as well for it to one day just click. The stronger my desire to communicate is, the easier it is to speak. This week, the spirit led us to a home of a man named syndei with his family, Mariana, orlando and Edina. Mariana and orlando are probaly about 20, and Edina is his wife. We met Sydnei on the streets about a week before. We clapped there door, and they were so kind and welcoming, and we walked in, got to know them a little bit, and taught the restoration. I dont remember all that was said, but i remember the spirit was so strong, and they are truely ready to recieve it. They understand the need for a restoration of Gods church, and they accepted the book of mormon. I was able to communicate very well to them, and the things that i wasnt able to communicate, was even the more remarkable experience. I had things that i wanted to say, but had no idea how to express it, so i prayed that my companion would have the same thoughts and that the spirit would teach this family. As i prayed earnestly for the spirit to enter the home, my companion said word for word, ideas that i wanted to say and thing that i wanted expressed. Both times we left this home, we fell on our knees as soon as we were away from the home, and thanked our Father in Heaven for showing us this family. I am very excited to see them progress.
About this week, it has rained for the past 3 days, and walking here was crazy! im still trying to figure out how to upload pictures without a cord... haha, ill figure it out! I am very excited for the new stake presidency!!! I wonder who our new bispo is going to be? Maybe... (((please edit out before showing- (??????????????)- thank you :)))
:) I love you all! I,m glad everything worked out for emily at prom!!! Parabens on the dress, I give you the MVM(most valuable mom) award for the week! That beats all the amazing lunches i had!!!
Keep Praying for me, i hope i can pick up the language and start doing some work. i just need to remember that most missionaries by this point would still be in the CTM, because they did the 6 week program with us, the old program would have me go into the field this week! Well its 3:00 and we are going to eat lunch. Still raining. haha, its starting to get really cold! Whats the weather like over there? I love you!
Elder Halls