Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!

Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!
Last wave goodbye!

Monday, October 8, 2012

Mudancas! September 3, 2012


Dear Family,
   How is everyone doing back home! This week went very well, we had interviews and we worked very hard as missionaries. Our mission president gave us alot of advice and told me some things that helped me alot. We were able to work very hard this week and feel the spirit and power of the priesthood as we diligently labored to find people to bring to church and invite to baptism.
    Yesterday was our branch´s first day in a new location that they found which is the second floor of a mechanic´s garage in a blue building. The neighborhood surrounding has almost no members. Except for the family that we will baptize in two weeks, (It is really a tender mercy to this family, they sacrificed so much to go to the other building, and now it is in their front door), but first we need to marry them, which the marriage will also be held there.
     We worked really really really hard on saturday. We walked up and down every road in about 3 neighborhoods, clapping on doors, talking to people, teaching lessons trying to invite them to come to church, read the book of mormon, change things in their lives, and ultimately repent and be baptized. We worked soooo hard. Haha, we started at 10:30, and worked until 9:00. We found quite a few people that said they would come to church, and we had 17 people lined up to go to church, all of which we were going to walk with or call the day before. So we were really excited! We went to bed that night, dead tired only knowing that we would have to wake up at 615 to get to start working at 8:30 to help the Ward with everything at 9 then get everything ready for our Branch at 3:00 until 6. I fasted and prayed that day that everyone would wake up and go to church, and that we would have everyone here so that we could teach alot of people and prepare someone for baptism.
     So what happens? Haha, we show up at the old church building to tell people that the building changed and to help people get to the Ward at 9:00  (the branch and the ward use to both be at 9am everyday) A bunch of people who we have never met before, and some who we have taught months ago show up to church. We were very happy to see so many people! The Ward finished, we walked and ate lunch with a member, then we walked to start getting people. The first 7 people couldnt go, and the man who was supposed to get confirmed didnt want to go. We actually found out that he has been drinking, so we have to talk to the president about him. But pretty much our hearts were broken, we even got an email from the most promising lady who said she couldnt go, and the elect family we found couldnt go either so anyway to make a long story short, we went to the ladies house who said she couldnt go, and she came with us. We showed up at church, and the members were so kind and loving, and we still we very happy and we had a lot of hope and knew that we tried our best.
    Then a man that we had passed earlier on the street came by and the 1st counsiler asked for me and my companion. We went over to him, and he was a very humble man, he said he didnt know why he turned around, but he was hungry and he was looking for work, and also he said he felt a spirit about this place when he saw us. After a few minutes, the leaders were able to give him R$4 which is about 2 dollars, when I gave him R$10 to go and eat. He asked quite a few questions and we left him with  a few pamphlets and o livro de mormon, and I gave him a blessing. We will go visit him this week, but I dont know if we will be able to find him. All I know is that an answer to my prayers and fasting was given, I was edified as I was able to teach him about Priesthood Authority, The spirit, and Charity, the Love of Christ. I bore my testimony after in the Branch and I felt the spirit so strong. It was about 7 when everyone left the church meeting, and all I wanted to do was teach more people, and go and find families to bring to church. I was so blessed that day, and after 2 of the most tiring days of my mission, I still have so much energy. haha,
    Anyway. Im really sorry for babbling on, I just really love the mission. Sometimes it is really hard, and other times it is really fun, but it is always worth it. The time I have to share the gospel and to wear the Saviors name is a time that I dont want to pass by fast. Remember the importance of Sharing the Gospel. Remember the words of the prophets in the book of Moroni about faith hope and charity. If we have 1 Faith in Jesus Chirst, 2 Hope in His Atonement, and Charity for all mankind, we will become the men and women we need to be to live with God, and be like him. I love the gosepl, never forget the infinate power of the Savior´s atonement. Just move forward, trusting in him, sometimes it will be as the story when you think that this Journey is so hard, you will find that you have been walking next to the Savior, but when you look back, you will only see one set of footprints, showing you that He carried you the whole way. There is a verse in Isaiah That talks about how He carries us from birth, and we dont know it. His way is easy, His burden is light. I know that these things are true. And if you have trust in the savior, you will find strenght, and relief from the pains of the world. I testify in the name of Jesus Christ that if you trust in him, you shall not fall.
Love you guys!!!

Elder Halls