Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!

Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!
Last wave goodbye!

Monday, October 8, 2012

August 27, 2012


Well this week went pretty well, we had an amazing conference with an area
president of the 70 named Elder Godoy. We met with him on Thursday morning
with the other zones that are farther from the capital. He spoke to us
about many things, but the thing that I liked the best was he talking about
why we´re here on the mission. He gave us three reasons:

To save others
To build the Church
To save ourselves

Every reason is important, and any one of those, if forgotten, could result
in not doing what we came here to accomplish. If we baptize baptize
baptize, but the numbers of people in sacrament, priesthood holders and
recommend holders don't grow, we´re not doing our job right. And if those
two aspects grow, but we still have our own personal problems and habits
that we cant overcome, then we are not growing into the people that we need
to become.
A lot of analyzing was done during the conference, which leaves room for a
lot of repentance. I know that this time is truly sacred, and it is a time
given to me to help me grow closer to God, Jesus Christ, The Holy Ghost,
and God´s children in Brazil. Also I have found myself grow much closer to
my family back home and my friends who I love, even though I don't have
anywhere near the same frequency of communication with them, at times I
feel like my communication with them is much more powerful now, and much
more fulfilling. Even if it is just a short letter from a missionary in
Bolivia, Spain, Brazil, the States or from a friend back home, I feel so
much peace in knowing that I made the right decision to come out here, and
often times i feel impressed to pray for people back home and to write to
them.