Oi Família!!!! Tudo Bem?
How is everyone doing? I just want everyone to know that I recieved some amazing letters this week, a lot of faith building testimonies from everyone and some wonderful, inspired experiences. I dont have much time today, because we are going to eat lunch, and then go a park with some members today. This week was pretty tough here. Elder Squires and i were doing really well on monday, tuesady but wednesday came, I got really sick with I think strep throat. We still worked a lot, but it was definately pretty hard. I am pretty much better right now, and I am hoping this week will be great.
We had 2 or 3 meetings with our ward leaders trying to get them excited about missionary work, and I think they´re getting excited! We are going to start doing a family night with a family almost every night if we can! We are hoping that everyone will come on board especially because we only have like 6 or 7 families in the ward. haha, every family night will be an opportunity for us to bring a non member or for them to bring a non member. Also, we want to involve some of the many less active members in the area. We are really excited for this and i think that it will help us alot!
One amazing experiance this week was on friday. Elder Squires and I were walking and making visits to a ward party, Festa Junina (Or Festa Julila haha because it is no longer june). And we decided that we would stop in and see if we could use somebody´s truck to help us move some things for a family that we are teaching that is moving. We had some difficulty getting over there, but felt it was really important, and when we got there, The man we wanted to talk to was asleep, and his wiife told us to just call that night. So we were about to leave, when we popped our head in the house of another family in our ward inside of the same gate and we saw our secratery sitting there. He was lying on a bed with bandage all over his knee! We had given him a blessing a couple weeks back, and he asked for a blessing saying that he just had surgury on his knee from an accident. We annointed him with oil consecrated for the healing of the sick, and then I gave him a blessing. It was a very neat experiance. I remember blessing him that his family would be provided for financially while he is resting. After the prayer, he said that he will be out for 2 months, and then after that he will have physical therapy for a year.
We also had a Festa on satuday night!!!!! It was awesome! Alot of people came, and we we able to get some new people to teach. We ate Bolinhas Caipiras (which makes me so hungry just thinking about. haha) and had a lot of people there! I would send pictures, but I forgot my chord today to send pictures. Anyway, they had square dancing, and food! And a big room dedicated for missionary work! It was a great oppotunity! I wish i knew how to send you videos!
Anyway! I will respond to your letters next week, I love you all! I am so grateful for a mom so close to the spirit. I love you and dad so much!
I love you!
Elder Halls
PS- Do you think that I could get a calander or something with all the cousins birthdays? I would love to write some of them, maybe all. haha I love you! Enjoy the heat! We are in winter here!