Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!

Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!
Last wave goodbye!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

June 26, 2012 - We are really excited to be here!!


Happy Fathers day!!!!!!

I am so grateful for my dad, and my grandfathers. I was able to spend a lot of time with them before my mission either working, or hunting, or doing yard work ect. It was an awesome time! I have definitely been blessed with an amazing family. Thank you for all being such wonderful examples to me.
I think the Advengers idea is great.
hahaha, we walk by the movie posters for Os Vingadores (the advengers) almost everyday!!! haha, and a missionary who is visiting this area was just telling us that he saw it and loved it. haha, and when I heard Ammon was smiling the entire time, I knew it must be a great movie!

Well this week was pretty tough. Pretty much none of our lessons happened that we had planned because of one thing or another, and out of the 7 people that promised to go to church, nobody went.. But Rosangela did get confirmed and it was an amazing experiance. (ok, i dont know if i am spelling anything right, because this computer says everything is misspelled) We asked Daniel Woss, the missionary who was visiting this area to do the confirmation. It was really special because he baptised her children, but Rosangela was still working through quiting smoking.


Anyway, Elder Squires and I are staying in Jacareì por mais um transferência!!! For one more transfer!!! Same with Elder Merril and Elder Steele. So 3 transfers with only americans. haha, I think it will be good because by the time I have a Brazillian companion i should be able to say pretty much everything i need to. Well we are going to Almoço right now (lunch but bigger. and better. haha) so I have to get off, but we are really excited to be here! We have a few families and people that we really want to baptize, and the members here are awesome.

We just got news on sunday that we need to find a new building for the members to meet, because we are going to demolish the old church building in august and build a bigger one!!!! The members are all really excited, and so are we. And we are probably going to have the temporary building closer to a couple of the more concentrated areas so it will be easier to get members to church.

I love you all! Oh no! I forgot to tell about the conference with the president. It was amazing!!! He knows his stuff. He talked about symoblism and the different meanings of the Hebrew words that the Bible uses. I learned that the Brother of Jared used Stones in his boats and how his boat was similar to the Arc of Noah. The Hebrew word for rock, is Tshomething.. i forget, but it can mean window or rock, and in the bible, it said Noah put a window in his arc. So its pretty cool to draw the similaraties. He said that the reason why the Brother of Jared didnt ask Heavenly father what he should do is because it was written in the records of Noah that they alread had.  It was amazing, He talked about alot about symbolism including jacob 5 talking about the Olive Trees. haha, he asked the question, why would anyone plant an olive tree in the middle of a vineyard?

Alright! Im heading out!!!  It was hard to say goodbye to president moreira! we sang him a song

The chorus was the following

Podemos estar juntos para sempre, eu sei.

I love you and hope everything is going well!!! This mission is passing by so fast already! Im almost at my 6 month mark! I love you!

Elder Halls

PS. Just so you know how my day was, we woke up at 4 to go to sao paulo after spending the night at another missionaries house, where i froze to death on the floor. haha, then we had the conference, at lunch there, came back and on my way here, A drunk man grabbed my companion and gave him a hug asking for money, when i went over and talked to him gave him 2 reais then he kissed us both and we got away after praying with him. haha just an ordinary day in brazil!!! I love you!







I just had lunch at the coolest house! Oh how i cant wait to cook brazillian food for you guys!!! haha, so for everyone here, they usually only use Rock salt to cook there meat here. not small salt, but rock salt, just that, then they usually throw coal down on the concrete somewhere and put a grill over it. then they put the fat on the grill and let the whole piece cook for a little, then they cut it into smaller pieces and cook them individually after putting more salt on. It is soooooo good. haha, anyway, make sure you guys get to know the missionaries in our ward! Give them people to teach! Feed them! It would be the most amazing experience if you guys were able to help someone get baptized while im on mission. Also, tell dad to do his home teaching! Its so simple, but it is how we keep track of the members in the Church. One thing i have learned is that God will hold us responsible not only when we do something wrong, but when we do nothing at all. He is giving us part of the vineyard to be under our dominion so that we can help it grow and nourish it. There will be a day when we will stand before God and he will ask us what we did to help. And he will hold us accountable for what we did and didnt do. President explained it like this the day i walk in. Someone will say to Heavenly Father after this life, i saw the missionaries walk by, but they didnt say anything to me. I think this is the same with all of our callings. we need to magnify them.

So i have been thinking about buying some shoes here, and i think they actually have some great pairs! The shoes that i have wore out really fast.... haha, i need some with some thick soles. and I will go to a shoe place and check, we pass by like 5 shoe stores everyday, i just have only seen them work with wooden souled shoes. haha, so i really want to buy a pair here. the innersoles you sent me with saved my life. If i didnt have them, my feet would be destroyed. haha

I love you mom! I hate how fast the mission is going to me! haha Give everyone a big hug for me :)
Elder Halls