Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!

Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!
Last wave goodbye!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week 2 - The adventure has begun!

March 13, 2012

Família! How is everyone doing? That sounds crazy with the suburban! You would be suprised if you saw the cars in brazil. There are only motercycles, small cars, small trucks, busses and semis. There are no silverados or F-250s! haha, anyways
today was an amazing experience. The São Paulo temple was closed so we drove to the campinas temple. It was soo beautiful. The drive there gave me a bit of a taste of what my mission will be like. From what I have been told, my mission has alot of Favelas, which are just houses build on top of each other to form a huge neighborhood, with no space. They are insane. I wish you could see the things I have seen. The craziest part is that there is jungle wilderness, then one of these will pop up on the side of the freeway and go for miles.
The language is getting way better. Elder Bangerter and I have had a lot of success while teaching our mock investigator Carlos. We committed him to baptism, and then just last night he said it was going too rapido (fast) so we changed our whole lesson plan, went by the spirit, and found the root of the problem. When someone says they dont think they can be baptized, they usually will tell you excuses, but you just need to listen to the spirit, and understand what the root of the problem is. Sometimes it´s as simple as they dont have the money to buy a white shirt and tie and they dont feel comfortable getting baptized wearing their normal clothes, sometimes they dont feel like they could ever be worthy to be baptized. Either way, the Lord has a way for us to accomplish everything he asks of us.
Before the lesson, we prayed that our tounges would be loosed, and that the spirit would guide our thoughs and minds. That lesson, my mind was so clear, and I spoke the best portuguese yet. I put sentances together, and he could understand what I was saying without having to read off of my paper of everything that we wrote.
I love you all!!!! I love brazil!! can anyone ask where in Chile wesley served? I am friends with alot of chilean missionaries!
I went to the campinas distribution center and was in heaven!!! I wanted to buy a book of mormon childrens reader, but they were all out, so i bought a portuguese doctrine and covenantes childrens reader, simplified hymn book, about 5 liahonas, and 3 cds of portuges primary songs,.
out of time,
Love you all!
Elder Halls