Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!

Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!
Last wave goodbye!

Monday, June 4, 2012

May 28 - keep praying for me.


Well, my time is very limited this week, because my companion and i are out of money for this month..hahaha, but I will try to express things that have happened,


So last week after I logged off email, a 24 year old guy named Obadias came to me and started talking to me, and I could understand just about everything and I began talking to him about the beliefs of our church. He was very interested about the gospel because his brother was baptised in São Paulo, so we talked, then followed him to his house and set up a time to meet with him. It has been hard to get a good lesson with him, because he has a lot of crazy view that he likes to explain. We found a family also, i will call the Carlos family, i dont know if I already mentioned them, but they live pretty far away on the top of the tallest hill. We taught them once, and it went really well, but the next time we showed up, the parents werent home, and the 3 children were going to church! but not ours... haha, so we walked with them on the way to church and taught them a lesson. We still are teaching Sydnei´s family, but they havent come to church yet, so it is getting a little discouraging.
Ok, so i have noticed some of you stopped praying for me to learn the language, because i said i already knew it, but i was just kidding. So hahaha, keep praying. Haha, it is very interesting. I can communicate fluently when the Lord needs me to, during lessons, extending invites, talking about the church, but when i go to buy something from a store, i dont know how to speak. haha, it is embarassing.. haha, so keep praying for me.


Also, We have a baptism marked!!!!! yayayayaya!!! It is for a women named Rosangela, her whole family is already baptized, at least her kids were a year ago, but she has had a problem with smoking, but we are going to work with her! I think she just needed someone to be excited and to ask her and help her with love, because she is so happy to begin quitting! so that will be June 17th, one week after the temple of Manouse (spelling?) is dedicated!


The confirmation for Daiane went amazing! She looked so happy! Probably the greatest moment of this week was that, and passing her in the streets and just seeing how happy she was. She just looks so much happier than the first time we met her! I couldnt help just being so happy that day because we saw her!


I went to another church last night. I didnt want to, but i have a companion. haha, i almost got up and bore a testimony about the savior and his love, but i prayed if i should, and the spirit told me i shouldnt. The church was definately a wild experience, It is interesting to see what the other church think of God, and our saviour Jesus Christ. If anyone is reading this who is not a member of the LDS church, I encourage you to seek out the truth in the Book of Mormon, in the Living Prophets, and pray with real intent to God to see if these things are true. You will be amazed at how real God is, and how much He loves you. He has always loved you with infinate love, but Your view of these things will be made more clear through the tools that God has given us. Just try it! haha


I loved reading the emails this week from Emily, Dad and Mom! I got a letter from grandma last week and 2 missionary ties!!! So things are going good! haha, I love you guys, I can feel your testimonies everytime i think of you!


Com Amor,


Elder Halls
PS- Is Todd in Spain?
How is Trey?
Preston Hon?
Malcolm?
Austin?
Dallin Ray?
Sam?
EVeryone!
Jake?
umm
I have more friends on missions i think
I love you!