Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!

Name Tag's on...I'm READY to Go Forth and SERVE!!!
Last wave goodbye!

Monday, May 7, 2012

Busy serving and teaching in Brazil


Ok, I dont have much time to write this week, but it went very well!!! We had a conference with the president i think on thursday, that was amazing!!! He has such a Portugal accent, haha, i could understand alot more of what i hear this time around. haha, the language is coming. After the conference, i was speaking really well, and i could communicate and express my thoughts really well! its really hard without Brazilians in our home.
Então eu acho que dois dias atrás, I think two days ago, we were teaching Daiane. She has a boyfriend who is a member, and we have been teaching here. During studies in the morning, i felt like she really wanted to be baptized, and its something that we havent asked her directly yet, but i really felt like she really wants it. So during the lesson, i was teaching about something, and i just asked, do you want to follow the example of Jesus Christ? and she said yes, then she said she really wants to be baptized!!! I was so excited when she said that, but then we realized she is living with her boyfriend/unofficial husband, so she told us that she will pray to figure out what to do about it, whether they should get married, or not live together. The work is going great, we are teaching a family that 2 weeks ago spent an hour in the rain trying to find the church, and couldnt find it, haha, because of our bad directions.. but we are really excited to see them, and we asked them to be baptized, but they want to see how church is first, which i know that they will love, so i am so excited for them!! We are also teaching Daiane´s aunt, and a family we have been working with for a while to come back to church came this week! so it ahs been great!!!

I love you all! I know this church is true, i can feel the spirit manifest its truth whenever i put faith into reading the scriptures, praying and keeping the commandments. No unhollowed hand can stop this work from progressing.

Elder Halls

ps, I have blisters from swinging a macheté to chop down banana trees (service project), and we ate beans with pork and a full scalp of pig hairs! haha, it was the first meal that i couldnt down.. haha